REGISTER TO VOTE
Last day to register to vote: February 18, 2020
- If you have moved, changed your name or political affiliation, you must re-register to vote.
Complete, sign, and mail Form to: Registrar of Voters, Voter Registration Division, PO Box 611300, San Jose, CA 95161-1300. Faxed registration forms will not be accepted.
If you missed the voter registration deadline, you will have the option to do a Conditional Voter Registration at any Vote Center.
VOTE BY MAIL
Every registered voter will receive a Vote By Mail ballot starting 29 days before Election Day. Complete the Vote by Mail Request Form available below if you need a replacement ballot or on the back of your County Voter Information Guide (CVIG).
Last day to request a Vote by Mail Ballot Replacement by mail: February 25, 2020
Vote by Mail Official Ballot Drop Box Sites Listing
Mail or fax to: Registrar of Voters, Vote by Mail Division, PO BOX 6161-1750. Fax: (408) 293-6002.
If you are registered as a No Party Preference (NPP) voter, you have the option to "crossover" vote in presidential primary elections.
- Cross-Over Voting: The American Independent, Democratic, and Libertarian parties are allowing voters who have not chosen a party preference with a qualified political party to request and vote on their Presidential candidates at the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election. You may not request more than one party's ballot.
- All ballots contain the names of candidates for voter-nominated and nonpartisan offices, as well as state and local measures to be voted upon. If you have indicated a party preference with one of the qualified political parties, you may only vote the presidential primary election ballot of that party.
- No Party Preference voters who wish to vote for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Parties' presidential candidates, must re-register with the specific party.
- For more information about presidential primary elections, call 1-408-299-VOTE (8683) or toll-free 1-866-430-VOTE (8683).
- Complete the Vote By Mail Ballot Request Application - Party Preference Form to request a party ballot.
Learn More About Voting by Mail