Protect and Ensure the Community’s Right to Participate in Fair, Inclusive, Accurate, and Transparent Elections
Be the Model of Integrity, Innovation, and Community Empowerment in Elections
To Achieve our Mission and Vision, We Must Be:
- Election Administrators Who Maintain Integrity and Transparency
- Committed, Engaged, and Passionate
- Collaborative in Our Work and Communication
- Aligned, Disciplined, and Agile in Our Execution
- Courageous, Innovative, and Open to Trying New Things
- Trustworthy and Accountable to our Community and Fellow Employees
- Fair in the Way We Make Decisions and How We Allocate Resources and Opportunities
- Consistent in Providing Knowledge and Excellent Service
- Inclusive by Respecting, Honoring, and Appreciating the Uniqueness of Our Community and Fellow Employees
Over one hundred vote centers need to be found, and hundreds of vote center workers have to be recruited and trained. Official ballots are created in eight languages and facsimile ballots in five additional languages. Every piece of voting equipment needs to be tested, and supplies need to be prepared and delivered to every precinct. Tens of thousands of voter registration applications need to be processed and, ballots need to be mailed to over one million Vote by Mail voters.
Through all this, we must be open and transparent, making sure the public understands our operations, and encouraging community input and involvement in the elections process.
When the final election results are released, voters can have full confidence in their accuracy and integrity.
To learn more about our office and the work that we do, please download the Guide to the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters.