Statement of Permissible Uses of Personal Information
(Pursuant to Elections Code § 2157.2)
Information on your voter registration affidavit will be used by elections officials to send you official information on the voting process, such as the location of your polling place and the issues and candidates that will appear on the ballot. Commercial use of voter registration information is prohibited by law and is a misdemeanor.
Voter information may be provided to a candidate for office, a ballot measure committee, or other person for election, scholarly, journalistic, political or governmental purposes, as determined by the Secretary of State. Driver’s license and social security numbers, or your signature as shown on your voter registration card, cannot be released for these purposes.
If you have any questions about the use of voter information or wish to report suspected misuse of such information, please call the Secretary of State’s Voter Protection and Assistance Hotline toll free: (800) 345-8683; direct (916) 657-2166
Certain voters facing life-threatening situations may qualify for confidential voter status. For more information, visit the Secretary of State’s Safe At Home program or the Secretary of State’s Web Site.
- 選民隱私聲明(Voter Privacy Statement - Chinese)
- Declaración Sobre la Privacidad de Votantes (Voter Privacy Statement - Spanish)
- Pahayag ng Pagkapribado ng Botante (Voter Privacy Statement - Tagalog)
- Bản Tuyên Bố Quyền Riêng Tư Cử Tri (Voter Privacy Statement - Vietnamese)
- मतदाता गोपनीयता विवरण (Voter Privacy Statement -Hindi)
- 有権者のプライバシーに関する声明 (Voter Privacy Statement - Japanese)
- សេចក្តីថ្លែងការណ៍ អំពីសិទ្ធិឯកជន របស់ អ្នក បោះឆ្នោត (Voter Privacy Statement - Khmer)
- 유권자 개인정보 보호 성명서 (Voter Privacy Statement - Korean)