Permanent Vote by Mail
Any registered voter can Vote by Mail!
How to Become a Permanent Vote by Mail Voter:
- Print & complete a Permanent Vote by Mail Application
- Request must be received at least 7 days before the election (postmarks not accepted)
- Return your request by mail or fax:
Registrar of Voters
Vote By Mail Division
P.O. Box 611750
San Jose, CA 95161
Fax: (408) 293-6002
Other Ways to Vote by Mail:
- Request a Vote by Mail ballot for one election only.
- Request a ballot by phone: call 1-408-299-8640.
- If you never received your ballot, lost your ballot, or made a mistake, call 1-408-299-8640 to request a replacement.
- Ballots can be obtained in person during Early Voting.
- If you qualify as a Military and Overseas voter, your ballot will be sent earlier. You can also choose to receive your ballot by email.
Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) - For Military & Overseas Voters
- Removal of Permanent Vote By Mail Status
Information about requesting to be removed from Permanent Vote By Mail status.