Any registered voter can Vote by Mail!
How to request a Vote by Mail ballot:
- Print & complete a Vote by Mail Request Form
- Request must be received at least 7 days before the election (postmarks not accepted)
- Return your request by mail or fax:
Registrar of Voters
Vote By Mail Division
P.O. Box 611750
San Jose, CA 95161
Other Ways to Vote by Mail:
- Request a ballot by phone: call 1-408-299-8640.
- Become a Permanent Vote By Mail voter and automatically receive a ballot every election.
- If you never received your ballot, lost your ballot, or made a mistake, call 1-408-299-8640 to request a replacement.
- Ballots can be obtained in person during Early Voting.
- If you qualify as a Military and Overseas voter, your ballot will be sent earlier. You can also choose to receive your ballot by email.