REGISTER TO VOTE
Last day to register to vote: February 19, 2024
- If you have changed your name or political affiliation, you must re-register to vote.
- Complete, sign, and mail to: Registrar of Voters, Voter Registration Division, PO Box 611300, San Jose, CA 95161-1300. Faxed registration forms will not be accepted.
- More Information about Registering to Vote
VOTE BY MAIL
Every registered voter will receive a Vote by Mail Ballot starting 29 days before Election Day. Complete the Vote by Mail Request Form available below if you need a replacement ballot.
Last day to request a Vote by Mail Ballot Replacement by mail: February 27, 2024
Vote by Mail Ballot Application Forms Information
Mail or fax to: Registrar of Voters, Vote by Mail Division, PO BOX 611750, San Jose, CA 95161-1750. Fax: (408) 293-6002.
- Learn More About Voting by Mail
Vote by Mail Ballots for the March 5, 2024 Presidential Primary Election will be mailed starting the week of February 5, 2024
No Party Preference Voters
If you are registered with No Party Preference, your vote-by-mail ballot will not have presidential candidates.
If you want to vote for U.S. President, you have three options:
- If you want to vote in the American Independent, Democratic, or Libertarian party primaries you must request a ballot for that party. You DO NOT need to re-register.
Registrar of Voters
Vote by Mail Division
P.O. Box 49003
San Jose, CA 95161-99544
Phone: (408) 299-VOTE or Toll-Free 866-430-VOTE
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (408) 293-6002
- If you want to vote in the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican party primaries, you MUST re-register by February 20, 2024 to get a ballot for that party.
- Re-register at: registertovote.ca.gov
- If a No Party Preference voter DOES NOT request a crossover ballot, they will receive a Primary Election Ballot without any presidential candidates listed.