How to Vote Your Ballot:
- To vote, completely fill in the oval to the right of your choice.
- USE a BLUE or BLACK ink pen to mark your ballot.
- DO NOT sign or initial your official ballot.
- DO NOT use red ink.
- DO NOT vote for more candidates than the number indicated for each contest.
- Write-In Voting: To vote for a qualified write-in candidate, write the person's name in the wite-in space and fill in the oval. Do not write in a name that’s already printed on the ballot.
- If you make a mistake and need a new ballot, call (408) 299-VOTE  or toll free (866) 430-VOTE .
How to Complete Your Return Envelope:
- Refold the ballot and place it into the return envelope.
- Sign your name by the red "X", print your address and the date on the back of the return envelope.
- Your signature must match the signature on your voter registration card.
- If you are unable to sign your name on the return envelope:
- Personally make an "X" or distinguishing mark by the red "X" on the return envelope.
- Have someone print your name on the return envelope and sign as a witness.